Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Sailor's Delight!

The other day, as I was sailing The Crab (as I call my '98 Suburu Outback) to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, a thought occurred to me: the great C.S. Forester never killed off the good Viscount Hornblower, as my second-favorite author, J.K. Rowling, is poised to do with her young hero. Therefore I present you Hornies with a new challenge. I am asking you to submit a title and synopsis of a Hornblower fan-fiction novel that you would like to see published. As this is a family blog, please omit any language that would offend youthful Hornies. For example, there is no need for any insinuations of an improper relationship between young Horatio and the grizzly old salt Master Bowles (we've all heard those rumors already - they have been repeatedly refuted!).

Lastly, I know all of you hornies are drooling over the news from California that I teased you with last week. I promise a formal announcement is forthcoming soon. I am in the process of verifying all my information - the HornBlog is dedicated to true Hornblower news, not unfounded rumor! All shall soon be brought to light! Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know when the next post will be!